Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boys on rocks

Not my best. I didn't feel like working on this one anymore, so it is what it is.  You might notice that the colors of the final painting are much more "blue".  It's because I paint at night and take the pictures under a "yellowish" light.  I took this final picture in daylight so that we could see the true colors.

I start with the drawing.  I'm really not good at painting people (or drawing), something I might work on in the future.







The sky was too dark, so I lightened it up a lot!

I added sand colored shadows to the rocks and lightened up the sea.

Added seaweed color to the rocks.

Added waves.

Added reflection of rocks to the sea and some light bouncing off seaweeds on rocks.

Final look in daylight.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment