Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tryptic Self-Portrait

Lately, I created tryptic self-portrait.  I really like the concept of having three images to form a whole.  It all came together out of the blue (pun intended: notice that I used a lot of blue in it).  I went shopping at a local art supplier (DeSerres: http://www.desseres.ca/) and found these beautiful blue large format papers.
large format paper 2large format paperlarge format paper 3
As well, I had raided a wallpaper book by Ralph Lauren and found this lovely wall covering with New York buildings, sites and landmarks.  I additionally found two scrapbooking pages that where in theme with what I was doing, so I cut them up and did this big collage with all the material I found.  And the result:
tryptic 1
tryptic 2
673_3706
Here are some close-ups of my favourite details from the tryptic.
Postal cards:
little details I like 4 little details I like 1
Landmark and two ladies, one peering from behind my hair:
little details I like 2little details I like 6 little details I like 3
And the cool large format papers I was talking about, here are 4 kinds, and a piece of scrapbook paper with an old feel to it.
little details I like 5

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment