Sunday, August 7, 2011

CardMaker Kit-of-the-Month club: Friendship Blooms Quick Review


I was so happy when I received my first CardMaker Kit-of-the-Month in the mail.  I had been waiting for it.  The concept if very interesting.  Each month, you will receive a card-making kit in the mail.  The kit comes with all the necessary materials (card blanks and envelopes, printed papers, a die-cut sheet, clear acrylic stamps, flowers, brads, ribbon, glitter and sandpaper).  They also give you a free gift with the first kit (a bone folder, an acrylic bloc and a versatile card making tool with three different tips).  Also included is a booklet with a technique guide and step-by-step sample card projects.
The showcased technique for the Friendship Blooms is sanding.  This kit was fun and simple and will appeal to new or experienced card makers.
What I liked:
- The premade cards had awesome shapes
- The kit had all the necessary materials to complete the projects
- The guide was comprehensive and easy to follow
- The stamp set has nice stamps
- I personally like glitter
- Learned a new technique
What I didn't like:
- Printed paper wasn't very thick.  I prefer thick papers.
- Only 10  cards to make (which is actually reasonable since the first kit if half-price off, but I  enjoyed making those cards so much that I was sad when I had finished them all!)
Here are some examples of the cards I made:
IMG_0216
IMG_0217
IMG_0218
IMG_0219
IMG_0220
IMG_0222
IMG_0223
P6190011

Krysthle Poitras
Share/Bookmark

1 comment: